In this article you can find The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology – NM-AIST admission news and updates, read more below for details on The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology
About The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology
The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology (NM-AIST) in Arusha is one in a network of Pan-African Institutions of Science and Technology located across Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). These institutions, which are the proud brainchild of the late Nelson Mandela, envision training and developing the next generation of African scientists and engineers with a view to impacting profoundly on the continent’s development through the application of Science, Engineering and Technology and Innovation (SETI).
The NM-AIST, which is accredited by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) is being developed into a world class research intensive institution for postgraduate and post-docs studies and research in SETI. The training in SETI, however, incorporates appreciable doses of relevant business studies and humanities ingredients. Thus the training curricular also incorporate strong innovation and entrepreneurship features, and hence strong academia-industry relations are part of the NM-AIST’s development agenda. NM-AIST’s curricular also seek to accommodate, enable, stimulate and catalyze the innovation and entrepreneurship qualities inherent in the Y-generation for the benefit of SSA’s sustainable development.
The Vision of NM-AIST is to become a world-class institution of higher learning dedicated to the pursuit and promotion of excellence in Science, Engineering, Technology and Innovation (SETI), and their applications for economic growth and sustainable development in Africa.
The Mission is to deliver and promote high quality and internationally competitive teaching and learning, research and innovation, and public service in Science, Engineering, Technology and Innovation (SETI) leveraging on entrepreneurship for enhanced value addition to people and natural resources, with a view to stimulating, catalyzing and promoting economic growth and sustainable development in Tanzania and SSA.
- Integrity, intellectual honesty and ethical conduct in all endeavours;
- Excellence and pursuit of the best possible performance and solutions;
- Commitment and institutional pride, among staff, students and alumni;
- Responsibility and sense of urgency in the face of problems and critical situations of society;
- Appreciation of diversity in academic life and university undertakings;
- Creativity, innovation and techno-preneurship in addressing the needs, problems and challenges;
- Solidarity, spirit of service and empathy for unselfish service;
- Collaboration, partnerships and cooperation to leverage all possible synergies.
The goal of NM-AIST is to catalyze the development of world-class SETI through the production of high-quality scientists and engineers in EA to stimulate economic growth and employment creation. Pursuant to this goal, the objective of NM-AIST is to educate the next generation of African scientists and engineers by equipping them with the technical, entrepreneurial and leadership capacities to solve African problems thereby contributing to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals, and the economic and social transformation of EA and SSA.
The specific objectives for which NM-AIST has been established are to:
- Increase the number and improve the quality of science and engineering Master’s and PhD graduates;
- Catalyze the development of world class SETI in SSA;
- Provide the best facilities for Master’s, PhD and post-doctorate studies and research;
- Bridge between research and industrial development through:-
- Strong link with industry for technology transfer; and
- Establishment of technology-cum-business incubators and innovation centres and eventually a technology park within its premises for seeding innovations and spinning-off competitive technological firms.
- Improve the relevance (to society and industry) and quality of SET research and innovations;
- Develop linkages with the business sector (public and private) to utilize research in improving the quality, productivity and competitiveness of the local industry and businesses generally, and hence promote growth.
The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology NM-AIST News and updates
In this section you will find The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology Latest news and updates, Check more through links below:
For The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology NM-AIST News and updates kindly visit the NM-AIST website Here: https://nm-aist.ac.tz/