Supplier Relations Associate
- Dar Es Salaam, TZ
- Sourcing & Merchandizing
Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services by connecting small merchants to the digital economy.
Thousands of retailers in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Senegal, Cote d’ Ivoire, Zambia use Wasoko’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time.
Role: Supplier Relations Associate
You will support the operations at a country level to ensure Wasoko is always receiving the best margins, supplier terms and proactively on boarding new products across all country branches.
Reporting To: East Africa Partnerships Manager
Location: Dar Es Salam, Tanzania.
- Act as the first point of contact for newly on boarded and existing suppliers
- Negotiate terms and conditions of supplier partnerships
- Schedule regular reports and meetings
- Actively monitor organizational sales growth to ensure KPIs are being met and revised regularly
- Managing Supplier Relations team at a country level
- Monitor and manage all distribution agreement contracts
- Proactively identify opportunities which will align supplier needs with the organizational goals
- Advise, train and mentor junior supplier team members
Key skills and competencies
- Preferred 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience dealing with suppliers of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG)
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Business Management
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced sales environment
- Strong selling, negotiating and consulting skills
- Effective interpersonal and analytical abilities
- Strong oral, written communication & presentation skills
- Willingness to travel for work within the country
- Must love working with people and cross-cultural teams
MODE OF APPLICATION