About Tembo Nickel Corporation
Tembo Nickel Corporation (“Tembo”) is an operating company formed via the Framework Agreement (19 January 2021) between Kabanga Nickel Limited and the Government of Tanzania for development of the Kabanga nickel deposits in the Ngara District in the Northwest of Tanzania. Under the Framework Agreement terms, Tembo (owned 84% by Kabanga Nickel Limited and 16% by the Government of Tanzania) has been formally established for the mining, processing and refining of Class 1 nickel with cobalt and copper co-products. Tembo is the Swahili word for elephant and represents strength, community and longevity. Tembo Nickel aims to become a sustainable, inclusive and responsible company supplying critical battery minerals to the world.
LEGAL & COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit a Legal & Compliance Specialist to join the Tembo Nickel Project Team. This role is based in Dar es Salaam, reporting to the Head of Human Resources
- To lead and manage all legal and compliance issues for Tembo Nickel
- To provide legal advice across Tembo Nickel to all levels of managment on a wide variety of issues and cases.
- To perform all legal administrative duties including BRELA corporate filings, business license renewals, tax clearance certificates in addition to handling regulatory matters.
- To keep up to date with and scrutinise new legislation, statutory instruments, policies, circulars, case law and guidance, evaluate their effect and give timely and proactive advice on them to the management of Tembo Nickel.
- To be responsible for effective time recording of matters and performance reports, ensure appropriate allocation of resources and effective monitoring, and to support the team in performing their roles.
- To undertake and oversee cost recovery on appropriate work ^utilising time recording information to ensure that Tembo Nickel interests are protected, and to undertake appropriate cost control measures on individual matters.
- To contribute positively to the performance of the governance team
- To establish effective working relationships and ensure that effective communication and engagement takes place with management and staff,
- To support, contribute and comply with quality and governance procedures as directed by management.
- To personally provide legal advice on various matters including but not limited to Labor, Commercial/Procurement, Planning/Property, Civil and Criminal Litigation.
- To manage the legal service workload to ensure performance management targets are met.
- To support Tembo Nickel in ensuring compliance with its governance responsibilites including the preparation of documents for Board meetings and Annual General Meetings and to attend such meetings as and when required. To advise on corporate, legal, and probity issues and to promote best practice and good order in such meetings.
- To lead Tembo Nickel legal services and to provide high quality professional advice across the company, which is both proactive and responsive to Tembo Nickel requirements.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in law
- Must be a registered advocate
- Minimum of Five(5)years working experience in a similar role in a reputable organization/firm
- Knowledge of key legislation and issues relating to mining will be an added advantage
- Evidence of working effectively within a multicultural environment, providing clear advice and guidance on complex matters should they arise.
Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to send their resume indicating the role title in the subject via the email: email@example.com
Application closing date is 3 June 2022
Note: Tembo Nickel is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments are based on merit.
The company does not charge candidates any fees in the recruitment process.
Thanks for reading New Job Vacancy at Tembo Nickel Corporation – Legal & Compliance Specialist