Standard Bank Tanzania Jobs 2022
Career Area: Engineering
Location: USA, Dar es Salaam Region, Tanzania
Job Type: Full-Time Regular
Job ID: 65009
The Technology & Operations department is looking for competent individuals with degree in computer science good experience in technology projects, strong background in Linux Operating system, Java and other technology systems. To fill the position of Systems Administrator, the purpose of the role includes Linux OS administration (installation, configuration, user and file management, patching, upgrade etc), perform intraday processing, start/end of day activities, month end activities, general housekeeping, system maintenance activities, backups, restores, report printing starting/stopping servers and other processes to mention a few.
Ensure smooth operations of all processes with in production operations
- Execute Start/End of day processes including month/year End processes and ensure these are completed within agreed times so as to ensure high availability of service to branches and head office departments
- Print reports and statements and ensure timely distribution branch network and other head office departments
- Monitor and manage user activity in the computer room and test areas.
- Monitor system, network and data storage capacity and ensure these are within optimum limits
- Complete daily/weekly/monthly checklists for all routine process
- Verify data integrity by executing predefined system checks
- Conducting routine systems clean ups and other database/file management activities to ensure optimum system performance
- Call logging on Team Track of afterhours calls, provide resolution and escalate where necessary
- Monitor ATM server and network activity and advise ATM custodians of any down time.
- Collect and compile statistical information on system performance as directed by Team Leader
Participation in Business continuity and Disaster recovery tests
- Assist in maintaining documented (e.g. Disaster Recovery) procedures and run books for the datacentre in the bank
- Ensure synchronization/replication of critical systems is maintained for the successful DR tests
Participation in key bank projects
- Participate in project implementations as assigned and ensure completion within set timelines
- Update project stakeholders about the project progress and provide consistent feedback at agreed intervals
Participate in Installation of Hardware and Software as per Group technology Standard
- Assist in software implementations on the production systems where necessary
- Provide full support during Implementation of approved changes onto Live, Contingency and DR servers across all systems.
Ensure backups and restores are done in accordance with policy
- Perform system and data backups in accordance with agreed cycles and ensure that all tapes/storage media are appropriately stored per Group guidelines and standard
- Ensure replication between production and DR data centres
- Monitor replication across the two sites
- Reduction of MTTR
- Define RPOs in line with replication strategy
- Ensure replication, tape/external media backups are in place
- Degree in Information Technology and Computer Science
- 1-2years in Operating systems, data centres, networks, database
- Experience in IT projects.
- Strong practical knowledge in operating systems like Linus, JAVA will be added advantage
Please note: All our recruitment processes comply with the applicable local laws and regulations. Standard Bank South Africa has a Vaccination Policy which requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will never ask for money or any from of payment as part of our recruitment process. If you experience this, please contact our Fraud line on +27 800222050 or TransactionFraudOpsSA@standardbank.co.za
Thanks for reading New Job Vacancy at Stanbic Bank Tanzania Limited – Systems Administrator