REPORTS TO :The Hotel – General Manager.
Supervises all housekeeping employees, has the authority to hire or discharge, plans and assigns work assignments, give training for newly recruited employees at the Housekeeping Department, audit and inspects housekeeping personal work assignment and requisition supplies. Take care of the budget and budget controlling for the Department.
EHK – Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises all housekeeping employees, liaise with the HR Department when there is a need of new employees to be hired in the Department, discharges employees in the HK Department when necessary and take disciplinary actions when policies are not followed. Evaluates employees in Housekeeping Department in order to upgrade them when openings arise.
- Plans the work for the housekeeping department staff and distributes assignments accordingly. Assigns regular duties and special duties for the housekeeping staff. Schedules employees and assigns extra days off according to occupancy forecast. Maintains a time logbook of all employees within the department.
- Train and assigns new employees at the HK Department to work with experienced help. Checks on the work of these employees occasionally and observes the report made by the supervisors.
- Approves all supply requisitions, such as those for spreads and bathroom rugs. Maintains a lost-and-found department and is responsible for all lost-and-found items. Determines the rightful owner and send correspondences.
Job Description – Responsibility & Authority:
- Responsible for cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of the entire Hotel
- Ensure that rooms are made as per the Mount Meru Hotel and the International standards.
- Prepare Annual Housekeeping Budget.
- Maintain par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, linen and uniform.
- Organize inventories with Accounts and General Store for linen, uniform and fixed assets.
- Pay particular attention while organizing pest eradication activities.
- Develop and implement Housekeeping systems and procedures
- Prepare reports for management information.
- Assist Purchase department in selecting suppliers for items related to Housekeeping.
- Plan, control and supervise Horticultural activities.
- Attending and resolving guest complaints
- Verification of supplies consignments.
- Organize on-the job training and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Approval of the Functional Manual of the department.
- Recommend recruitment of new personnel.
Other Routine Responsibilities:
- Daily inspection of public areas, guests rooms and employees changing / locker rooms.
- Daily briefing of to the Senior Management Team (SMT) Members.
- Coordinating the preventive maintenance schedule of rooms and a public area with the maintenance department.
- Immediately attending to guest requests.
- Management skills, Strong Leadership abilities and organizational skills, Entrepreneurial, thinks out of the box and Able to drive change and look for operational efficiencies/synergies across the network.
- Three Years Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management / Hospitality Industry.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience of which at least 2 to 3 years in a similar role. Strong Operational/Technical Knowledge. Must be a Tanzanian Citizen with International experience in either UAE or Europe.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Please send your detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than May 30th, 2022.
Thanks for reading New Job Vacancy at Mount Meru Hotel Tanzania – Executive Housekeeper