IST Strategic Plan
Our Strategic Plan is in place to help our community align efforts to better reach our school’s mission,
vision and values. This plan is focused on three aims.
1. Personalized Learning:
(a) Ensure alignment between the written, taught and assessed curriculum
(b) Implement a strong, multi-tiered system of support to students, consistent with IST’s common understanding of inclusion
(c) Improve our ability to offer a balanced program with opportunities for excellence in academics, the arts and athletics
(d) Provide exemplary transition programs between campuses and other institutions of learning
(e) Ensure reporting models support effective partnerships with parents and their child’s learning
(f) Develop a strong internal professional learning community to embed successful professional learning experiences
(g) Ensure IST students’ appropriate use of technology supports their learning
2. Engaged Community:
(a) Improve IST’s local, global and international reputation
(b) Provide opportunities for IST students and faculty to connect with local and global experts
(c) Develop partnerships within the local community to improve student experiences
(d) Improve processes and systems to improve communication within the IST community
(e) Build reciprocal structures to connect alumni with current student
(f) Establish sustainable and supportive relationships with government ministries
(g) Promote positive school spirit within and across campuses
3. Ensured Sustainability:
(a) Review the master site plan to ensure school facilities support learning experiences
(b) Maintain fiscal discipline and transparency within IST community
(c) Develop the school’s capacity to recruit/retain excellent employees
(d) Lessen IST’s environmental footprint
(e) Align governing models with best practice
Category (cf Policy 5.101) Administrative Management and Technical Support Reports to: Accounts Manager Department: Finance
Job Holder Start date: 1 August 2022
Summary of the Role
- Reporting to the Accounts Manager, the primary function of this role is to contribute to the development and implementation of the departmental accounting systems, policies and procedures. Support the department through the collection, processing, recording, reconciliation and reporting of financial data, verifying the validity, completeness and accuracy of source documentation. Maintains complete and proper records of revenue, expenditure, assets and liabilities, and ensures the accuracy and integrity of financial information.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Experience: 5+ years’ as an Accountant preferably in a School set-up.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Business/Finance.
- Holder of Certified Public Accountant (CPA); Association of Chartered Certified Accountant(ACCA);
- Be self directed and self-
- Be detail oriented, organized and accurate.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the IST’s values and ethical standards
- Sound decision making, solutions focused, knowledge of child protection and health and safety
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Successful track record of working with stakeholders to develop and maintain effective, open and productive working relationships.
- Experience of delivering priorities within strict timelines.
- Ability to promote integrity and business ethics; demonstrate mature judgment, trust and open communication; ability to ensure effective team work, collaborative behaviour and team spirit
- Collaborative team player, empathetic listener
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Intercultural awareness, creative, persuasive
- Strong ability to work flexibly – managing changing and competing priorities and absorbing new information rapidly to address complex issues.
- The ability to understand external and internal trends and changes and advise on appropriate strategic and operational responses.
- Ability to identify, analyse and take action to effectively manage risk to meet strategic objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and information to a range of audiences and stakeholders.
- Strong ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, to work collaboratively to achieve objectives.
The primary responsibilities for Accountant will be:
- Maintain accounts to trial balance level
- Provide trial balance to the MA within agreed timescales of each quarter end.
- Maintain individual accounts of expenditure incurred against budget and provide to the MA within agreed timescales of each quarter end
- Maintain revenue ledger accounts
- Issue invoices to parents as requested by MA (f) Ensure prompt payment of invoices issued; (g) Maintain purchase ledger accounts.
- Prepare a routine list of purchased as agreed with MA for approval
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations within agreed timescales of the month end.
- Maintain bank mandates
- Oversee weekly banking of cash and reconcile cheques and payments received to bank statements on a weekly basis.
- Update cash flow forecast on the basis of actual monthly expenditure and provide to MA within agreed timescales of the month end
- Prepare revised cash flow budget on agreed timescale
(a) Support preparation of draft accounts to the MA;
(a) Prepare payroll and keep up to-date with changes in law, pension schemes and PAYE.
- Supporting the MA in the planning, preparation, and delivery of statutory reports, publications, internal and external audits, and the Annual Report and Accounts within agreed timetables.
- Processing, recording and payment of staff, other expenses
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Shadow and understand the work of other members of the finance team and support/help them in their tasks.
- Producing regular report as requested by MA;
- Liaising with external auditors on audit matters and acting on management letters
- Perform any other duties as designated by the Accounts Manager.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications and enquiries should be directed to email@example.com before close of business on Friday, 03 June 2022. .
Thanks for reading New Job Vacancy at International School of Tanganyika (IST) – Accountant