- Full Time
- Dar es Salaam
This is an opportunity to join an early-stage, fast-growing non-profit with significant professional growth opportunities. Our Innovations Manager will play a key role in designing our core product and testing program innovations to ensure we deliver cost-effective impact. This person will be responsible for ensuring we maximize the impact from our service by ensuring we achieve the following:
- high levels of patient engagement
- implement the service in a low cost and scalable manner.
- identify high impact use cases for the feedback platform with patients, healthcare workers and government officials.
This individual will go on to lead large teams and entire departments and make major contributions to shaping and delivering on our vision.
An initial set of core responsibilities is likely to include:
- Report directly to Co-Founder
- Work directly with 1-3 Program Officers leading citizen, facility and local government engagement and core program activities
- Lead all of our program innovations and product testing work from design thinking through to implementation – conduct research, identify problems, design solutions and test them to optimise service design.
- Lead aspects of government engagement to identify how to adapt our service to the needs of our government partners in order to drive maximum impact from the service.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject, preference for Public Health, Business, Clinical Medicine, Social Work or similar.
- Prior experience in innovation or tech environments (product development, design thinking, human-centered design, research and development preferred).
- Prior experience working with healthcare workers and/or in primary healthcare facilities and/or in local government settings strongly preferred.
- Experience in managing complex projects across multiple stakeholders to a clear timeline.
- Able to identify interdependencies and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience managing a small team of reports (~3) and leading their professional development enabling them to perform at their full potential.
- Excellent problem solver. Able to identify, define and deconstruct complex problems, develop hypotheses for how to solve the problem and then test them.
- Has demonstrated this in multiple roles and different settings.
- Clear in both verbal and written communication forming opinions and justifications.
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships with individuals from a range of backgrounds (e.g., community leaders, healthcare workers, government officials)
- Proactively manages time, works efficiently, sets priorities and personal deadlines for tasks
- Experience working in unstructured/early-stage environment preferred
- Comfortable designing and managing quantitative and qualitative research programs, and able to identify key takeaways.
- Competent working in the MS Office suite including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Fluent in English and Swahili.
- Passionate about Afya Pamoja’s vision.
- Ownership: we don’t have the answers to all the challenges that we’re going to face. Our team members need to have the instincts to identify a problem and solve it with limited support.
- Embodies a “Growth mindset”, the instinctive desire to grow professionally and develop new skills that also contribute to the long-term success of the organisation.
- Entrepreneurially-minded: remain proactive despite a relatively high level of uncertainty and an evolving scope of work
- Renumeration Package
- Competitive annual salary
- Private medical insurance package
- 25 days annual leave plus all Tanzanian public holidays
- Flexibility to work from home and office
MODE OF APPLICATION
Thanks for reading New Job Vacancy at Afya Pamoja Tanzania – Innovations Manager