Therefore, applications are invited from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following positions below….
Financial Accounting Manager
POSITION: FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING MANAGER
REPORTING LINE: DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
The following are qualifications for aspired candidates:-
- Holder of Master Degree in one of the following fields: Accountancy, Finance, Commerce or Business Administration majoring in Accountancy or related qualifications from recognized institutions.
- Must have either CPA (T), ACCA, ACA, CIMA or related professional qualifications recognized by NBAA and preferably registered as “Associate Accountant” or “Fellow Accountant”.
- Must have at least eight (8) years of working experience in Aviation Revenue Accounting and must be in Senior position.
- Must have IATA Certifications including but not limited to Fares and Ticketing, Passenger and Cargo Proration, Interline Accounting and Control –Pax & Cargo) and Sales Accounting & Control.
- Must be knowledgeable of accounting applications.
- Excellent analysis and report writing skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage, guide and lead subordinates
- Attention to details
- Problem-solving and flexibility
- Strong ethical standards
- Excellent decision-making skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The holder of the position will perform the following duties and responsibilities;
- Owner of all accounting Standard Operational Policies (SOP) related to Aviation Revenue Accounting and shall maintain and update these in-line with existing financial regulation, Finance Act and IATA revenue accounting manual.
- Coordinate preparation of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly revenue accounting reports to meet business needs and supporting business decisions.
- Overseeing and ensuring ICH billings is reconciled on each billing cycle to ensure accuracy, validity and completeness of invoices from business partners.
- Participate in pricing and fare committees by availing sales and business analysis at point of sales level, route level and Corporate business performance.
- Participate in budget committee in preparations of forecasted revenue by considering market parameters.
- Preparation of forecasted cash inflows from all company’s revenue streams on quarterly and annually basis.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all key stake holders both internally and externally to ensure smooth business continuity.
- Manage BSP sales by ensuring proper sales accounting, Collection and reporting.
- Develop and build capacity for revenue accounting team skills through in house trainings.
- Develop, implement and maintain revenue accounting process, systems and internal controls to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Implement and maintain aviation industry regulations, bilateral agreements and alliance with business partners related to revenue accounting & management.
- Ensure quality control of processed revenue Accounting and reference data maintenance to ensure continuous improvement.
- Ensuring compliance on new updates and publications related to revenue accounting management issued by IATA.
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for managing and authorizing passengers’ refunds.
- Responsible for month-end closing processes to include reconciling various G/L accounts, reviewing journal entries and preparing financial reports, for both internal and external reporting purposes.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of end-to-end processes in all areas of Revenue Accounting aspects by providing reliable solutions and responses.
- Provide support to internal and external Auditors in all assignments related to revenue Accounting.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants must submit a dully signed letter for consideration of the applications attached with the following: –
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV);
- Certified copies of all certificates (including Secondary School), other relevant certificates and licenses. (Tanzanian applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities i.e. Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) or National Examination Council- NECTA))
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- Names and addresses of at least two reputable referees;
- Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone numbers.
Misrepresentation of qualifications or any other information on application shall warrant legal consequences
The application letters should reach the undersigned within fourteen (14) days from the first date of this announcement.
MANAGING DIRECTOR & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
AIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O. BOX 543,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Posted Date: 24th MAY, 2022.
The deadline for submitting the application is 07th June, 2022.
Thanks for reading New Government Job Vacancy at Air Tanzania Company Ltd (ATCL) – Financial Accounting Manager